1) What is Car Camping? Car camping simply means that you load up all of your gear for the trip in your car, pull into your campsite, and set up your tent on a designated tent pad. This experience can also be called "base camping". When car camping, there's no hiking or backpacking involved in getting to your site. As such, the weight of your gear, or how much you pack, is of little concern as long as it all fits in your car. There's no need to skimp on any of the luxuries that will make your weekend comfy and unforgettable.
2) Will you do custom work on vehicles not mentioned on the site? Our focus is on the vehicles listed and pictured on our site. However, we have experience with all kinds of vehicles. We will do custom work on almost anything that our build schedule allows while remaining focused on serving our core customers.
3) What if I just want a fan or window installed? Do you do partial builds? Absolutely! Let us know what you need and we’ll get you on the schedule ASAP!
4) Where are you located? We’re located in Denver, CO on the north side of the city. Visits to the shop are by appointment only, so please contact us first if you want to stop by.
5) Do you offer financing? We do not offer in-house financing at this time. Depending on what region of the country you live in, we can recommend a third party option.
6) Do you accept credit cards? Yes, we accept all forms of payment including: major credit cards, bank transfers, checks and cash. We prefer secure bank transfers through our online portal. Large credit card orders will be assessed an additional 2.9% to cover transaction fees.
7) The vehicle I want to convert is my daily driver. Do you provide a loaner vehicle during the conversion process? Yes, we can. We always try to have at least one vehicle that can be rented out during your conversion process. As long as it’s available, you can rent it at a reduced rate for the duration of your build.
8) Do you rent vehicles so I can try one before I buy my own? We have several options for renting our vehicles to test before you buy. Check out our “FOR RENT” page to see if there is a rental company with our products in your area. We also periodically rent our R&D fleet vehicles, so check back often to see what’s available.
9) Do your products come with a warranty? Yes, each Contravans product comes with a 6-month warranty on the parts and craftsmanship. If it breaks during normal use, we’ll fix or replace it.
10) Can I purchase supplies or partial conversion components from you? The answer is almost always, “YES”. We can do partial conversion work for you or sell you the parts and let you install them. We also provide links on our “PRODUCTS WE USE AND TRUST” page so you can order for yourself. If you don’t see what you need there, just ask and we’ll source it for you. No warranty is included for items that we do not install at our shop.